3 Summer Weight Loss Recipes To Make Life Easier
Summer is a great time for weight loss and having recipes available to help you do that makes the process easier! There is currently a wonderful range of fresh food for you to enjoy so it is very easy to have a delicious meal at any time. When it comes to ongoing success with any health and fitness goal, ensuring that you eat right nutritionally is incredibly important. It is said that close to 70% of your result with lie with those nutritional choices that are made on a daily basis, so making the right decisions more often than not is vital.
Recipe #1 – A Summer Salad that lasts for days
This salad can be created and used as a great base or side dish for a number of days. It takes a few minutes to prepare and is full of flavour, it is the perfect summer recipe to make your life easier!
- 100g baby spinach
- 50g capsicum (chopped)
- 50g cucumber (chopped)
- 75g cherry tomato (halved)
- 40g carrot (shaved)
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- Simply combine all ingredients in a bowl/Tupperware container
- Add a protein source of your choice (smoked salmon, chicken, steak) and you have a full meal!
Recipe #2 – Smashed Avo with Tomato and Basil
Smashed avo is a wonderful and tasty breakfast option that is a great fit for a relaxed Sunday breakfast. A few minutes of preparation and you are enjoying a nutritious and delicious meal.
- 1 x large avocado
- 80gm cherry tomatoes (sliced lengthways)
- 15gm basil (chopped finely)
- 80gm crumbled feta
- 2 x eggs (poached)
- 2 x slice burgen soy-lin bread
- 1 x wedge of lemon
- Place bread in toaster
- Mash up avocado with fork and spread on toast
- Place sliced tomato and basil on top
- Spread crumbled feta evenly across both
- Place 1 x poached egg on each piece
- Squeeze lemon on top of both slices
Recipe #3 – Banana Oat Protein Muffin
Preparation is key when it comes to making your life as easy as possible with your nutrition. These banana oat protein muffin are a fantastic snack and are a really good weight loss recipe at the same time. Taking less than 30 minutes to make and lasting for the better part of a week, if you make these you will have healthy snacks ready whenever you need them!
Ingredients (makes 9)
- 1 ½ mashed banana (other ½ sliced for decoration)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup applesauce (unsweetened preferred)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder (we use bare blends)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Muffin pattycakes
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and spray pattycakes with oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together mashed banana, almond milk, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Add oats, protein powder, baking soda and gently stir until combined.
- Fill each pattycake ¾ full and top with banana slice
- Bake for 15 mintutes, or until a skewer comes out clean
- Remove from oven and serve
Bonus: Add a tsp. of cinnamon for some extra flavour.
Making the correct decisions with your nutrition is vital to ongoing success and ensuring that it is a big part of your lifestyle. More often than not we believe that we have to change everything in order to get the results that we are looking for. This is largely untrue. Instead we just need to make 1-2 better decisions throughout our days. These 3 weight loss recipes are a great start to help you with that process.
If you are looking for more delicious recipe ideas, simply click here.
Over the last 4 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book your complimentary health assessment with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below