Find time for your health and you will ensure results are on their way. Lockdowns are ending. It is the perfect time to press ‘reset’ and focus on your goals. We are all busy, some of us busier than ever. The big issue that we are all facing at the moment is that this busyness has largely been focused around the household. As a result, and we are struggling to get outside. Our routines have been thrown out of the window and it is unsurprising that individual health has suffered as a result.
With lockdowns (largely) behind us, it is important to break these habits/routines in order to get health back on track. Finding time for your health now means that you will thank yourself in a few months time when you are feeling fit, strong, healthy & refreshed.
With the above in mind, we have created a list of 5 different actions that you can take today that will help you not only find time for your health, but also get results.
Set some goals
You know you need to get healthy again. You want to feel fit, confident and less sluggish.
It is one thing to want something, but achieving it largely will come down to your ability to set a goal and quantify the success you are looking to achieve.
A few questions you can ask yourself in order to set some great goals include:
- What did I weigh when I felt the most confident?
- Is there something I used to be able to do that I am unable to do now?
- Is there an outfit that would like to fit back in to?
- What do I need to change NOW in order to achieve my goals?
- Is there a date that I can attach to this goal?
- Am I motivated/excited by this?
The key with goal setting is that is has to be super motivating and exciting. It needs to be specific not vague. It needs to be enough to get you going when you are not feeling the best, and powerful enough to drive you through all the challenges.
Do your goals excite you?
Set a schedule and stick to it
When you are looking to find time for your health, setting a schedule is vital to your chance of success. You should treat your training like you would any other meeting throughout the day and make sure you put them into your diary.
As a result, you are consciously putting yourself first. It means that no matter what happens, you are giving yourself the best chance of success.
If you are not scheduling in your exercise, instead leaving it up to chance, then there is a high risk that you will miss the frequency required to see your desired results.
Things pop up. Meetings get put in the diary. Kids take over. It happens.
If you do not have these workouts in your schedule, then the approach of ‘I will make it up tomorrow’ can set in. This mindset never works, and is usually the first step down the path of missing those goals.
Schedule your sessions and do not look back.
Sort out your food
There has not been a single person who has not had their food slip during lockdown. The stress and uncertainty of the situation combined with the fact that we have been unable to go to restaurants has led us to go for the comfort foods and some easier options (takeaway).
If you are serious about wanting to find time for your health, then you need to find time to improve your food.
A few key things that can help you make improved nutritional choices include:
- Prep your food in advance to remove last minute decisions
- Take your lunch to work
- Write a detailed shopping list before the supermarket and only get what you need
- Schedule in your time to eat as you would a normal training session or meeting
Nutrition will always be responsible for 70%+ of your success with health and fitness. Ensuring you find the time for your health in this way is crucial in your effort to achieve those goals.
Build in layers of support
Your personal goals are exactly that. They are personal. But the journey to success does not have to be on your own.
The fact of the matter is that you are far more likely to see long-lasting success with your health if you have support and accountability from those around you. It makes a huge difference having people who want to see you succeed and who will help pick you up when you are down and struggling.
It is almost like getting guaranteed motivation no matter where your own levels are at.
A few ways that you can build in layers of support include:
- Let your friends and family know of your goals and ask them to hold you to account.
- Find a training buddy!
- Get a personal trainer to help you every step of the way
The more people that know about what you would like to achieve, the higher the chance of success. This purely comes down to the fact that public accountability makes it far harder get away from them compared to simply making excuses for yourself.
If you truly want to find time for your health and make sure you keep those results for a lifetime, then you need to build in layers of support along the way.
Monitor your progress and track success
If you set motivating goals, find time for your health in your schedule, fix your food and build in support, you need to make sure you get the results you are looking for!
The best way to do this is to track your progress and successes along the way.
It is very important to keep a track of what you eat and how you move if you really want to see the high level of success that you are looking for.
Because you need to be able to know what is working and what isn’t.
How can you fix something if you are not sure where it is going wrong?
A few ways you can monitor your progress and track success include:
- Keep a training and nutrition diary
- Enlist the support of a personal trainer who can track it themselves
- Weigh yourself weekly on the same day
- Track your daily calories in an app such as myfitnesspal
The more you commit to change and commit to find time for your health, the better the chance of success you will have. Monitoring your progress is a massive part of the whole process and certainly not one that should be forgotten.
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information.
To read more on these topics click below:
- Boost your immune system now, thank yourself later
- Immune boosting recipes to help you avoid illness
- Create balance when you work from home
- Lose weight (or avoid weight gain) at home
- Keep food exciting during lockdown – 4 tips to success
- Iso-Cooking Recipes – 3 Immune Boosting Options
- Create Structure In Lockdown – Tips To Success
- How to Keep Your Relationship With Alcohol Healthy During Lockdown
- What COVID-19 Has Taught Us About Our Health
- Immune Boosting Winter Recipes
- The 4 Most Common Mistakes With Home Workouts
- What Happens When The Gym Reopens?
- Superfoods To Boost Your Immune System
- Struggling To Sleep In COVID?
Over the last 4 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Outdoor Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below