Zucchini Fritters with Sour Cream & Smoked Salmon Recipe
This zucchini fritters recipe is a wonderful option for those looking to improve their weekend nutrition. Loaded with fresh ingredients it is a great way to start a Sunday. There is nothing naughty about this recipe, but the flavour will make you think that you are having a treat! With lots of good fats, a strong dose of protein and the nutritional value of the zucchini, it is a great recipe to try out this weekend.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 9 zucchinis, grated
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125g) sour cream
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- Place zucchini in a sieve over a bowl, add 1 teaspoon sea salt and toss. Set aside for 15 minutes, then rinse, place in a tea towel and squeeze out all liquid. Combine with flour, garlic, rind and egg, and season with black pepper.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Drop tablespoonfuls of mixture into pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until golden.
- Cook in batches, adding more oil if necessary.
- Stack 2 fritters on each plate.
- Top with sour cream, smoked salmon and black pepper.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below