Perfectly Roasted Leg Of Lamb Recipe
This roasted leg of lamb recipe is simply perfect! If you are an avid fan of a Sunday roast and don’t mind putting in a bit of prep work to make the meal all the better, then this is a recipe that you will enjoy. Taking 5 minutes to marinade and then a lot of time in the fridge, you will have ample time to think of the perfect side for this dinner option. The added bonus is that there will be leftovers and they will go perfectly with a salad or in a wrap the next day!
Cook time: 2 Hours, marinade 6+ hours
- 2kg trimmed bone-in leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making shallow cuts all over.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Cover lamb in marinade and place, covered, in a fridge for as long as possible.
- 60 minutes before cook time, take the lamb out of the fridge and bring to room temp.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Place into oven and roast for approx. 2 hours
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below