Start the New Year on the right track with these healthy summer recipes. Now that the stress of 2020 is behind us, it is the perfect opportunity to press reset and prepare for the healthiest year yet. Gone are a lot of the social events, end of year celebrations and the endless Christmas feasting. There has no doubt been the setting of some resolutions and the increased motivation that comes with that.
The best way to ensure that a resolution sticks is to put a successful plan in to place. If part of that plan involves nutrition, then these healthy summer recipes may be just what you are looking for.
Below you will find 4 different healthy summer recipes that are designed to help you start the year in your best shape yet. They are all quick and easy to cook, and have downloadable versions so you can take them straight to the supermarket.
Raspberry Chia Breakfast Bowl
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins (or overnight)
- 1 cup/125g fresh or thawed frozen raspberries.
- 1 pinch ground vanilla.
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut (unsweetened).
- 3 tbsp chia seeds.
- 1 cup/ 240ml unsweetened almond milk.
- Mash berries in a bowl using a fork.
- Add vanilla, coconut and chia seeds and combine.
- Pour the almond milk and mix.
- Place mixture in desired serving jar and leave overnight or at least 30 minutes.
Spicy Roasted Chickpea Delights
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder.
- 1 ½ tsp salt.
- 1 tsp cumin.
- Fresh chopped parsley.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (fan forced).
- Ensure chickpeas are dry before use.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place chickpeas on it.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Take chickpeas from oven and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and mix around until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle salt, chili, parsley and cumin, mixing well until evenly coated.
- Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes until golden, dry and crispy.
Spiced Snapper & Mango Salad
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 200g tub plain greek yoghurt.
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, grated.
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Olive oil spray.
- 3/4 cup fresh mint, chopped.
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped.
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped.
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced.
- 1 mango, sliced.
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes.
- 4 x 200g snapper fillets.
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice.
- 150g rocket.
- Combine yoghurt, cucumber, garlic and half the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Evenly coat the snapper in Cajun spice.
- On a non-stick pan, cook fish 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- In a bowl, combine mint, coriander, parsley, onion, mango, coconut flakes, rocket and remaining lemon juice. Toss until evenly mixed.
- Place salad on plate with cooked fish on top.
- Drizzle yoghurt on top of fish.
Low Carb Lemon Chicken Tacos
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 1 small pack mint, leaves picked.
- 150g natural yoghurt.
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced.
- ½ tsp ground cumin.
- ½ tsp ground coriander.
- 2cm piece ginger, grated.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- 2 slices mountain bread, cut in half.
- 2 cup shredded iceberg.
- 1 small red onion, sliced.
- Chop half the mint and put in a bowl with the yogurt, half the lemon juice, all the lemon zest, spices and ginger.
- Mix well and season with lots of black pepper and a pinch of salt. Add the chicken pieces, mix well and put in the fridge for 20-30 mins.
- On a bbq or non-stick pan, cook the chicken until browned and cooked through.
- Warm the mountain bread in the microwave until soft (30 seconds).
- Top mountain bread with lettuce, chicken, red onion, remaining lemon juice and mint.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 4 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Outdoor Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below