HEALTHY BROCCOLI ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE
This healthy broccoli zucchini soup recipe a great option to boost the immune system this winter. Incredibly easy to make, full of fresh and healthy ingredients, it could not be easier to prepare. Now that winter is here, it is important to do everything possible to boost the immune system, and this healthy broccoli zucchini soup recipe does just that. 20 minutes is all it takes and you will be left with 4 serves that can easily be reheated for lunch or dinner the next day.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 large celery sticks, pale leaves reserved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 (about 300g) potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 450g broccoli, cut into florets
- 75g baby spinach
- 50g creamy feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp pepitas, toasted
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and celery. Cook, stirring, for 6-7 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and rind. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add potato, stock and 500ml (2 cups) water, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and broccoli. Simmer, partially covered, for 6-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir in spinach until just wilted.
- Set soup aside to cool slightly before blending, in batches, until smooth. Season. Return to a clean saucepan and heat over medium heat until warmed through. Serve topped with feta, pepitas, reserved celery leaves and a drizzle of extra oil.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below