Haloumi, Pomegranate & Rocket Salad Recipe
This haloumi, pomegranate & rocket salad recipe is the perfect spring addition! A great meat-free option, it is full of flavour and healthy vitamins & minerals. Made in just 25 minutes, it can be had fresh or eaten over a few days. If you are looking to improve your salad game, then look no further as this is the one you have been missing out on.
Cook time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup (50g) walnut halves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 180g packet haloumi, cut in half lengthways and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch rocket, leaves coarsely torn
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Scatter walnuts over the tray and drizzle with honey. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until walnuts caramelize. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine the pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, mustardand 2 tbs oil in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 2tbs oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the haloumi; cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- Remove from heat. Combine rocketand spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Arrange on serving plates. Top with haloumi and walnuts and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below