Chicken, Cashew & Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
A chicken stir fry is a recipe that everyone needs to have on their menu! Why? Because they are incredibly healthy, full of flavour, easy to prepare and please the crowd. You do not have to order takeaway to get a decent stir fry, all you need is the willingness to give it a go and follow the recipe. The great thing about this option? There will be enough for left overs the next day.
Sounds pretty good doesn’t it?
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 15 mins Serves: 4
- 2 tbsp sesame or peanut oil
- 720g chicken breast cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 spanish onion, quartered, separate out all the layers
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2cm x 2cm piece of fresh ginger cut into matchstick size strips or 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum cut into long strips
- 1 carrot cut into long strips
- 200g of sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch of baby bok choy
- 2 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or chinese rice wine
- 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- 4 tbsp raw cashews
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large wok, add the chicken and toss until just golden. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and toss for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and carrot and continue to toss for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas and keep tossing. Add the cashews and the chicken back into the wok and continue to toss.
- Combine the soy sauce and chinese rice wine and add to the wok, continuing to toss.
- Add the bok choy and toss until it’s just wilted. Remove the wok from the heat and immediately serve into 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle each bowl with sesame seeds and serve with a wedge of lime
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 6 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Outdoor Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below