Prawn & Cauliflower Rice Recipe
This prawn & cauliflower rice recipe is a healthy take on the good old fried rice. The difference between the two? This is lower cal, higher nutritional value and much friendlier on your health and fitness goals. If you are someone that doesn’t like the idea of going without some of the things that they really enjoy eating, this is a great recipe to make you feel like you are eating something a little naughtier than you actually are.
Prep time: 20 mins Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 handfuls of prawns
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 glove of garlic, minced
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 a capsicum, sliced into strips
- Freshly chopped basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- Peel and remove tail of prawns
- Lightly drizzle pan with olive oil and add chilli (if using) and garlic until fragrant.
- Add prawns to cook until colour changes and prawn is cooked through, plate prawns.
- In the same pan, add another drizzle of olive oil and add capsicum to cook until just tender.
- Chop cauliflower into very small pieces.
- Add the cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 5 minutes. You want it to be soft but not mushy
- Chop up celery into very small cubes.
- Combine cauliflower, capsicum and celery in a medium bowl. Then add your lemon zest and chopped basil.
- Drizzle in lemon for extra flavour. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 6 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To take advantage of our current offer with Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below