No Bake Superfood Brownie Recipe
Improve your snack game with this no bake superfood brownie recipe. Not all snacks are created equal and this is one of the good ones. Filled with healthy antioxidants and good energy, this recipe is here to help. It is important to understand that snacking is not bad, it is what we snack on that can be bad. Move towards your weight loss goals and continue to enjoy what you eat.
Cook time: 40 minutes
For the bars:
- 1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
- 1⁄4 cup raw walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup raw pecans halves
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pistachios, divided
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil Method
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup goji berries (or dried cherries)
- 1 tablespoon warm water, if necessary
- 85% dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecan
- Add dates, walnuts, pecans, only 1⁄4 cup of pistachios to the bowl of a food processor. Process until chunky.
- Next add in unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds, cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Process again until mixture is chunky and slightly clumping. If mixture is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Next add in remaining 1⁄4 cup pistachios and goji berries and pulse again a few times until pistachios are slightly chunky. Add mixture into a 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper, pressing evenly towards the sides of the pan.
- Add dark chocolate to a small saucepan and place over low heat until melted. You can also microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Pour over the bars, tilting pan so that the chocolate covers the bars evenly.
- Garnish the bars with 1 tablespoon of the following: pistachios, goji berries and crushed pecans.
- Place bars in the freezer for 30 minutes-1 hour to harden.
- Once ready to serve, cut into 8 squares.
- Store safely covered in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below