Low Fat Crispy Potato Recipe
This low fat crispy potato recipe is a Christmas day option that has all the flavour and none of the guilt! If you are looking to have a Christmas feast this year but not have too much of the concern about it impacting your goals, then it is always a good idea to try and make some of the side dishes a bit healthier. These low fat crispy potatoes do just that.
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 40 mins Serves: 8
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a large roasting tin with baking paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Rinse the potatoes then cut them in half, at an angle, to create as much flat surface as possible for optimum crispiness.
- Leave small potatoes whole and cut the larger ones into thirds or quarters.
- Add to a large pan and cover with water. Boil for approximately 15 minutes until soft.
- Drain and transfer to the roasting tray.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
- Toss around until well coated and the potatoes are bashed slightly (to help them crisp up more) and then arrange them so that the cut sides are facing down.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Serve with some torn fresh parsley and extra seasoning, if desired.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Outdoor Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below