Low Carb Almond Pancakes Recipe
Pancakes are always a crowd favourite and this low carb recipe is a wonderful option. Perfect for those who are looking to keep eating the meals they love, but also wanting to achieve their health and fitness goals, you can’t go wrong with these low calorie delights. This recipe can be used for a breakfast over the weekend, or even made in advance for snacks. You cannot go wrong!
Prep time: 20 mins Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp unflavoured protein powder
- 1½ tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in the almond milk to create a thick batter.
- Add the vanilla extract and the unsweetened applesauce and mix well.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan, using a spatula to smooth the batter into a pancake about 7 cm in diameter.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges begin to firm up. When the edges are firm, flip the pancake to the other side and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 6 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To take advantage of our current offer with Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below