Honey Lamb With Carrot & Lentil Slaw Recipe
Honey lamb recipe for the win! If you are looking for a fresh twist on an Aussie favourite, look no further than this delicious option. Loaded with all the healthy proteins from lamb and the healthy vitamins and minerals from the carrots and lentils, this recipe is a winner for individuals and families. Perfect on a cold night, or used as leftover, this is a recipe that wins from a number of angles.
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 12 small French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 300g pkt pre-shredded carrot
- 80g baby spinach, shredded
- 2 tbsp currants
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Combine the rosemary, balsamic, honey and 1 tbs lemon juice in a shallow dish. Add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, combine oil and remaining lemon juice in a large bowl. Add lentils, carrot, spinach and currants. Season then toss to combine.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Remove the lamb from the marinade, reserving marinade.
- Cook lamb for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb loosely with foil.
- Set aside for 3 minutes to rest. Return pan to high heat. Add the reserved marinade.
- Simmer for 1 minute or until reduced and syrupy.
- Arrange the carrot and lentil slaw on a serving platter.
- Top with the lamb and basil. Drizzle over the sticky balsamic sauce to serve.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below