High Protein French Toast Recipe
This high protein french toast recipe is the winter option you didn’t know you needed. It is an incredibly healthy and tasty option for those looking to have a bit of a treat on the weekend. Full of good proteins, fats and healthy carbohydrates, this is an option that you can add to the weekly menu without feeling much guilt. Taking only a few minutes to prepare, this high protein french toast recipe can be served on your plate warm without much fuss. Add some extra fruit for a bit more colour and flavour.
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 6 Slices high-protein bread like Burgen Soy-Lin
- 6 egg whites
- 2 Whole eggs
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons almond butter powder or peanut butter powder
- In a shallow dish combine the egg whites, whole egg, dairy-free milk, cinnamon, ginger, almond powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the dish. Mix together ingredients until fully combined.
- To make this recipe quick and easy, set yourself up with a baking sheet, the shallow dish of batter, and a non-stick pan.
- Heat the pan over medium heat. While the pan is heating, dip the bread into the batter on both sides and soak for at least 1 minute, ensuring it is heavily soaked with the batter.
- Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray and place in the toast. Maintain a medium heat throughout the cooking time to ensure your french toast doesn’t burn. Adjust heat as needed.
- Flip the toast when one side is lightly browned and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat when both sides are ready. Top with sugar free syrup and cinnamon!
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below