Healthy Lentil & Feta Frittata Recipe
This healthy lentil & feta frittata recipe is a great option for those who like to cook in advance. Making enough servings to last you 4 days, this recipe is perfect for those who can do a bit of food prep on a Sunday afternoon. Full of nourishing and nutritious ingredients, this is a healthy summer recipe that you will go back for again and again and again.
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time 25 Serves: 4
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 310g jar roasted capsicum strips, drained (about 2/3 cup)
- 100g low fat feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges (use different colours and shapes if available)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add milk and whisk. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a 20cm ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until light golden. Add lentils and capsicum, stir to combine
- Pour in the egg mixture and scatter with feta and chives. Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes or until cooked. Meanwhile, make the tomato salad
- Remove frittata from oven, leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Scatter with extra chives and serve with the tomato salad
- Combine tomato and onion in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and vinegar, season with pepper and scatter with basil leaves.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Outdoor Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below