Healthy Chicken With Satay Sauce Recipe
This healthy chicken with satay sauce recipe is a wonderful winter warming option. Made in minutes, it will bring back great memories of take away, but without the unhealthiness. Feel free to add as many veggies to this dish as you would like, this is simply a base level option. It can easily be turned in to a stir fry and much more!
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Serves: 5
- 700 g chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 400 g coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 60 ml tamari soy sauce
- 8 tbsp peanut butter
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl or a plastic bag.
- Mix ginger, turmeric, coriander and oil in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and let marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, mix the ingredients to the satay sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer on low heat for 5–10 minutes until the sauce is of desired consistency. Pepper to taste and keep warm.
- Heat a wok pan or a large frying pan and sauté the chicken. Salt and lower the heat to medium and fry a few more minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. You can also tread the chicken pieces on a skewer and grill in the oven or barbecue them.
- Serve the sauce and chicken with crushed peanuts. Boiled broccoli will go well with this dish.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 6 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Outdoor Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below