HEALTHY BANANA WALNUT MUFFIN RECIPE
This healthy banana walnut muffin recipe is the best winter snack option for 2021. Not all muffins need to be unhealthy, and with a bit of willingness, you can create delicious options. Full of good proteins, fats and healthy carbohydrates, this is a healthy muffin recipe that you can use to replace those unhealthy snacks without much guilt. 40 minutes of total work will leave you with some warm healthy muffins that you can have immediately, and then have enough left overs to last a week.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 100g sultanas
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup (250ml) sugar free maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 6 ripe bananas, 4 mashed, 2 finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 265g white spelt flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 vanilla pod, split, seeds scraped
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 150g walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 15 holes muffin pan with muffin cases.
- Place sultanas and 2 cups (500ml) boiling water in a heatproof bowl for 5 minutes to soften. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk oil, 2/3 cup (165ml) sugar free maple syrup, eggs, mashed banana, milk and sultanas until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, vanilla seeds, allspice and 1/2 tsp salt flakes. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Sprinkle with walnut and chopped banana.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 1/3-cup (80ml) sugar free maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Drizzle over muffins as they come out of oven. Set aside to cool before serving.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below