Coconut Salmon With Napa Cabbage Recipe
This fresh take on a salmon recipe is a great option for those looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal. With the healthy properties of salmon leading from the front, you will be nourished from the first bite. Don’t let the flavour fool you, this is also a meal that will help you with your health and fitness goals, not hinder. You can cook this recipe with confidence knowing that you will not blow your calories out of the water.
Prep time: 20 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Serves: 4
- 600g salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kosher or ground sea salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 50 ml olive oil, for frying
- 600g Napa cabbage
- Salt and pepper
- lemon, for serving
- Cut the salmon in 3cm x 3cm pieces. Drizzle with olive or coconut oil.
- Mix shredded coconut, salt, turmeric and onion powder on a plate. Toss the salmon pieces in the coconut coating.
- Pan fry the salmon pieces on medium high heat until golden brown. Keep warm while you prepare the cabbage.
- Cut the cabbage in wedges and pan fry until lightly caramelised (use a dash of butter if necessary). Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Serve the cabbage and salmon with a drizzle of lemon and you are ready to go!
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 6 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To take advantage of our current offer with Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below