Chicken Fajita Bowl Recipe
This chicken fajita bowl recipe is perfect for those looking to do a bit of food prep. Not only is it delicious, but it is a dish that can be stored in the fridge or freezer for a few days after cooking. Loaded with good proteins, and essential vitamins, this chicken fajita bowl recipe is as good for you as it is tasty. A little bit of preparation is required, but it is well worth it in the end.
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ½ tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups cubed unpeeled sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small red onion
- Cooking spray
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 small yellow capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half crosswise and then cut into strips
- Place a large rimmed baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 175 degrees (leave pan in oven as it preheats).
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1 ½ teaspoons oil, and sprinkle with cumin, garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt; toss well to coat.
- Place sweet potato in another medium bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with chili powder and ½ teaspoon salt; toss well to coat.
- Cut onion in half vertically; cut each half into 6 wedges.
- Carefully remove hot baking sheet from oven. Coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange chicken mixture on one side of pan, then onion wedges in the middle, and sweet potato mixture on the other side of pan. Bake at 175 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Place capsicum and zucchini in bowl used for sweet potatoes. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt; toss well to combine.
- Remove pan from oven. Stir sweet potatoes and chicken; push to outer edges of pan. Add capsicum and zucchini to onion wedges in middle of pan. Bake at 175 degrees for 12 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Increase heat to high (do not remove pan from oven) for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Divide chicken, sweet potatoes, and capsicum mixture evenly among 4 portable, microwave-safe containers.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below