Chicken, Avocado Caprese Salad Recipe
If you are looking for a new chicken salad recipe option, this is an absolute winner. Full of flavour, good fats, proteins and fibre, this easy to prepare option will work perfectly for lunch or dinner. The great news is that it will also last a number of days so it is perfect to put in to some Tupperware containers and take in to lunch. Read on for the ingredients for this chicken, avocado caprese salad recipe.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL)
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets , skin removed
- 5 cups cos lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes , sliced
- 1/2 cup mini mozzarella / bocconcini cheese balls
- 1/4 cup basil leaves , thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper , to season
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine.
- Place chicken into a shallow dish
- Pour 4 tablespoons of the dressing/marinade onto the chicken and stir
- around to evenly coat chicken.
- Reserve the untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-
- high heat and grill or sear chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy
- and cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices,
- tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and chicken.
- Top with basil strips; drizzle with the remaining dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Outdoor Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below