One Pan Christmas Turkey & Healthy Veggies
Christmas and turkey always seems to go together, and this easy recipe with healthy veggies is a great way to make it taste great. It is a one-pan wonder and makes life incredibly easy. Without the risk of the turkey drying out, this may even be a Christmas winner! It is a healthy dish, or much healthier than some of the other options available around Christmas time.
Prep time: 30 mins Cooking time: 3 hours Serves: 8
- 1 Lemon
- 6 tbsp. salt reduced butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2kg turkey-breast, deboned
- 500g medium shallots, halved lengthwise (left in their skins)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 500g small purple potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 300g small parsnips, trimmed, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 500g small thin carrots, trimmed and scrubbed
- Heat oven to 220 degrees. With vegetable peeler, remove 6 strips lemon zest, avoiding white pith; thinly slice crosswise.
- In small bowl, combine butter, garlic, mustard, lemon zest and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Rub butter mixture all over turkey breast
- On large rimmed baking sheet, toss shallots with oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Arrange them in centre of sheet and place turkey on top.
- Roast 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer turkey to cutting board. Add potatoes, carrots and parsnips to baking sheet and toss with shallots and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Arrange in even layer. Place turkey on top of vegetables and roast until turkey registers 71 degrees on instant-read thermometer and vegetables are golden brown and tender.
- If vegetables are done before turkey, simply remove them from the pan.
- Transfer turkey to clean cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with pan juices and vegetables.
Want To Learn More?
Since COVID-19 entered our lives, we have aimed to deliver some great weekly information as to how you can remain healthy, productive and in good spirits. This blog post is the latest addition to a growing library of information. Click to read more on our dedicated COVID support blogs.
Over the last 5 years Authentic Personal Training has established itself as a leading health and fitness studio on the Lower North Shore. We are incredibly proud to announce that we have been voted The Best Fitness Business on The North Shore for 2019.
Join us on our Facebook page:
To book a complimentary Outdoor Personal Training Session with one of Sydney’s most experienced Personal Trainers, simply fill out the form below